I want to share with you something I read from one of my most favorite books. All of us are on a journey of some sort spiritually speaking and I want this blog to not only be informational about health for the body but I want it to be health for the soul as well. Listen to this quote and let it speak to your soul.
" Prayer is the breath of soul. It is the secret of spiritual power. No other means of grace can be substituted and the health of the soul be preserved. Prayer brings the heart into immediate contact with the Wellspring of life, and strengthens the sinew and muscle of the religious experience. Neglect the exercise of prayers, or engage in prayer spasmadically, now and then, as seems convenient, and you lose your hold on God. The spiritual faculties lose their vitality, the religious experience lacks health and vigor... It is a wonderful thing that we can pray effectually, that unworthy, erring mortals possess the power of offering their requests to God. What higher power can man desire than this,-to be linked with the infinite God? Feeble, sinful man has the privilege of speaking to his Maker. We may utter words that reach the throne of the Monarch of the universe. We may speak with Jesus as we walk by the way, and He says, I am at thy right hand." ~Messages to Young People p. 249
This is really beautiful advice. It is just like exercising. If you don't exercise consistently you run into problems. One of the problems I would run into would be that if I didn't keep exercising, I would get to where I knew it was right but I wouldn't "feel" like it anymore. That can happen to us in our spiritual lives. Life is a definitely a journey and there are times when you don't understand. Believe me, I know. But we can still trust and keep on! Enjoy your journey,with God.
1 comment:
I love this white on green! And yes, "prayer is the breath of the soul and the secret of spiritual power". Thank you for all the wonderful quotes you share.
God bless you, my dear.
Post a Comment