Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Secret of Eternal Youth!

I believe I have finally found the secret of eternal youth!! It comes at a most appropriate time in my life since I'm finding myself only getting older and the older I get the more maintenance I find I require, ugh....

Back to the secret though....I enjoyed a most wonderful birthday the week before last and was showered with love from my family. One particular card stands out in my mind that I received from my brother. On the front of the card it was stated "I've found the secret to eternal youth!"
Inside the card in bold letters it said "LIE!!!" Wow, lie, huh?! The present that accompanied the card was two brown bottles of brunette enhancing shampoo and conditioner!! I wonder if my brother was trying to tell me in a kind way that "Your getting old and you need to do something about it?!?!?!?!"

In all actuality, I would venture to guess that most everyone of us has dreamed or will dream of finding the secret of eternal youth. To be honest who of us wants to get old anyway? No amount of make-up can hide the wrinkles, no amount of hair dye can make you look 17, no amount of chin lifts, liposuction, hair transplants, hair removal cream, age defying skin lotion can make you young again. Sure, these products can help but it can't stop time and it can't stop the aging process. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I know that we all know, or for some of us, we are finding out that youth doesn't last forever.

To me, it seems that finding the secret of eternal youth is found in laying up treasure, my treasure, in heaven. I know that laying up treasure in heaven generally refers to earthly goods but it could also apply to the simple fact that where my heart is, is where I'm going to put the most energy, time, money, and effort. Instead of worrying,fretting, and waisting money in searching for the key to eternal youth I should focus on using every moment for furthering God's kingdom. It will pay off in rich rewards in heaven. Heaven is the key to unlocking the secret of eternal youth and when we further God's kingdom in laying down our lives in total surrender to Him and letting Him use us wherever He sees is best we are actually setting out on the best adventure to finding eternal youth.

6 comments:

Brandon said...

um... wrinkles? 24 is really young.

Unknown said...

why do i feel old sometimes though?

btw: are you going to be at asi this year?

Eagle said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jessica!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mrs. Arakawa!!!!! Love you!!!

Brandon said...

No, won't be at ASI - it'll be the first one I've missed in a long time.

You feel old because you're the oldest now that you've ever been. But when you look back you'll think this is young. Gotta just keep things in perspective.

Gotta run - shooting a wedding today.

Unknown said...

I feel young and all my life I've looked younger than I really am but it's just when I hear myself say "24" that I think "oh no!!!!"
lol

Have a great day with your shooting and thanks for the "keeping things in perspective" encouragment!