HEY!!!! Just wanted to update after ages and ages of not posting. This is the first time I've had access to the Internet in 4 months! I didn't know I could live that long without my email but you know it is not hard once you get used to living without it. My life is so full of teaching that I rarely have time to think about my online world. God is an awesome God and I will post some experiences I've had since coming to the Philippines. I've experiences every emotion from sheer fear to pure joy. I've nearly died on the ocean, I've experienced weeks of earth quakes, but feeling the hugs of my kids in my village and knowing God has brought me here makes it all worth it. To see your student turn in a paper containing the words, "I want to be a teacher just like you" really does something to your heart. My heart is with my kids and I'm so happy to tell you that God is alive and real and that your prayers keep me going when the going gets hard, when I get sick and discouraged. And yes, missionaries get discouraged sometimes, it goes with the work..this is not a glamorous job, it can be very, very hard but God's grace is truly sufficient!! Thank you for all your prayers!!! I can truly feel the prayers from home.
I will post some pictures of my life here in the Philippines soon.
Merry Christmas!!!!
1 comment:
It's so exciting to read of your experiences! And I'm so glad your attitude is one of praise in the midst of the ups and downs of your life there. My prayers are with you and the joy and love you're giving those children and their families. Merry Christmas and God bless you!
Post a Comment