Ever had a day at work that you did something really stupid and then you had to tell your boss what you had just done?? Well, that was what happened to me today at work....
The business that I work for delivers to certain states and I had to make some of those delivery phone calls to the customers so that they would know when to expect their delivery. I do this every week so this is nothing new. Before I call though, I write down the driver's cell phone number on the sheet of paper off of which I make my calls. Well, what I didn't realize this time was that I had written down the wrong phone number!! It was a cell number to one of our other drivers. Imagine my horror and frustration when I realized what I had done after making all of those phone calls! Then, I had to tell my boss. Thank the Lord for a very patient boss!!!! :)
I then had to let the other driver know what had happened "just in case" any customers wondered where "he" was. No one was angry, Thank the Lord! Those who heard about it only laughed. I have to admit though, I'm still pretty embarrassed about it!
That brings to my mind an awesome example about Jesus. While I am only a mere human being so very prone to mistakes I have a never failing Father in Heaven who is perfect and who promises to help me thru all of my trials and mistakes. "He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might He increases strength." Isaiah 40:29
That is really good news for an embarrassed, mere human being!!!!!!
3 comments:
Hi Jessica,
You remind me of the blunder I made while at campmeeting a couple of weeks ago. After I got home, I found out to my horror that I had tallied incorrectly on the books I had purchased and was a dollar short. I called the ABC this morning and confessed my mistake and offered to correct the error by mail. The manager was very understanding and gave me a dollar discount instead.
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that these kinds of things happen to!!!! That is great that you received a dollar discount instead though!!!
If the earth is still turning on its axis, then you know the mistake wasn't that bad. That's what I have to tell myself at times.
I'm glad God is patient and forgiving. It's nice that your coworkers and your boss are also patient and understanding.
Post a Comment