Tuesday, June 27, 2006

God's strength for every situation

God has really been so good to me lately! It's not that I haven't had trials but that He has held my hand through them. I started a new job three weeks ago working in an office and it was really tough for me at first. Everything was new and I had to learn things I've never learned before. 1st Corinthians 12:9,10 has really been a comfort for me! I like to take the verses and apply them to my situation. This is how I worded these texts:
"And Jesus said unto me,"My grace is sufficient for you: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly then will I take joy in my problems, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. So then, I take joy in infirmities, in my stress at being new in the office, in reproaches, in feeling like a new baby just learning things for the first time, in necessities, in now having to ration all of my free time(which isn't much now), in persecutions, in distresses, in more distress, all for Christ's sake: for when I am weak and exhausted and can't go on , then I am at my strongest!!!!"

Why?
..Because..
Philippians 4:13 says:
"I can do ALL things thru Christ who gives me strength!"

There is a quote by Peter Pan that goes: "Nothing is really work, unless you would rather be doing something else."
You know that is so true! When I look at my job sometimes it can seem like work but when I put it in perspective that I am doing what God has put on my path, that this is His will then it isn't just a job anymore. This is His work! Wow!!!
I have wanted so much to do His work, to do His will in regards to where I am supposed to be in life and it is so good to know that I am in the center of His will at this very moment!
That doesn't mean though that sometimes that I won't be burdened or frustrated or even embarrassed by my lack of knowledge on the job. Ralph Waldo Emerson penned this thought so beautifully:
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day."
Tomorrow is a new day, and a new opportunity to continue on in His will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jessica, Thank you for your good blog. Yes, we are doing God's will in our daily lives if it is what God has for us to do at that time. When Jesus was young, and before his ministry started, he was a carpenter in his father Joesph's shop. He did his best in all he made. He put his all into every work he done. Doing it to the best of his ability. Doing it all to Glorify God was his aim and it should be our aim also. What so ever thy hand finds to do, do it with all thy might. We are doing God's will when we do our best at our daily work. I am sure you do just that.
Thank you for living for Jesus in all you do.
May God Bless you while you work and show others your love of Jesus. Your friend, Anita

Eagle said...

Hi Jessica,

How are you coming along at your new job? May God continue to be with you as you work for Him.

Unknown said...

My job is doing good. I'm getting more used to how everything works so it is not nearly as stressful as it was in the beginning for sure! I enjoy it.
Thanks for asking and for your comments!

David said...

If serving Jesus isn't our first priority, then no matter what job we get we won't be happy. Bringing Him into the work place has always turned the work place into a place people wanted to come to every day. The Lord never meant for religion to just stay inside church walls. Religion gets real exciting when the love, patience, laughter and joy, faith shown and being learned, are all on the job. Christianity is truly a blessing everywhere it is lived out.