Wednesday, April 09, 2008

End of the semester dash...

I can't believe it, I really can't. I seems as if I just started college and now the end of the semester is in view. April 28 is my last class in English and I forgot which day was my last day in Psych. but it is somewhere close to that. It is nearing the end but I'm far from kicking back and putting my feet up yet! I have several more papers due and a few more tests and papers due in Psych. It seems that the end of the semester is more demanding than the beginning or even the mid term.

It's an interesting parallel, the end of my semester and Christ's second coming. Christ's coming is soon, unlike knowing which day is my last day in class, I don't know when my last day on Earth will be or when His second coming will be but the way things look, it can't be too far off. Things are hard now and will only continue to get harder before Christ comes. It's no time to kick back and relax before my finals or before the second coming, there's work to do! Both events are something to look forward to with joyous anticipation though! Joyous because the end of this semester means that I'm one step closer to my goal of becoming a nurse and joyous because the sooner Christ comes the sooner pain and sorrow, heartache and woe will be gone from the Earth and humanity.

Thought question, do I live like I believe Jesus is coming soon? Do I say it but secretly hope that it won't happen for a long time? Am I living as if today could be my last day on Earth?

The end of the semester is right around the corner and Jesus' coming is as well...are you living in anticipation?

No comments: