Sunday, June 03, 2012

Walking Worthy of You

Have you ever found in your life as a Christian that there are mountain top experiences as well as desert times? I have found that true in my own life and as I find myself in the desert place right now it is easy to start filling my life with worldy thoughts, worldy desires, worldy entertainment. We live in this world yet as Christ tells us in Romans 12:2, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the reneewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

I watched a short devotional on mission service this morning and as the presenter spoke he challenged me . Am I looking right in front of me or am I looking at what God wants? In life we all get so busy that sometimes, more often than we like, we get into an ant mentality. We see only what is right in front of us while God sees the whole picture. Am I letting earthly things consume me while forgetting God's will and His desire for my life?

If you feel like you are in a desert place or in a state of spiritual lethargy open the Bible. Even if you don't feel like it, open the Bible. Get out a notebook and pen and start writing down some prayer requests, take time to focus your mind on others and on God and let God start chipping away at your heart. That is what I am doing and why I feel compelled to share my experience. I opened up to Colossians chapter 1 this morning and here is what I found that really inspired me:
                                          

                               "That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love." Colossians 1:10-13

"..How high the ideal that these words hold before the follower of Christ! They show the wonderful possibillities of the Christian life and make it plain that there is not limit to the blessings that the children of God may recieve." AA 471

Dear Father, Help me to walk worthy of You and help me to start seeing this life from Your perspective and not mine. Amen


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen... LIKE

Anonymous said...

Amen.. LIKE!