Monday, October 08, 2007

"Praise You In This Storm"

"Praise You In This Storm" (by Casting Crowns)

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth



Have you ever been in a situation that seemed so dark and gut wrenching that you didn't know how you were going to even make it past that hour, let alone that day? I love the message of this song that in the midst of rain, the rain of life, the sorrow, the pain, that God is there. In the last paragraph of the song it says "I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth." God, the Maker of Heaven and Earth is the God I can go to, sometimes He's the only one I can turn to, sometimes He may be the only one you can turn to, but He is there and He knows the problem we're going through, He knows the answer to the question, Why, and He knows that if we rely on Him that He will get us through. Awhile back I experienced pain like this and I chose to rely on God. I could have grown bitter towards Him but Praise the Lord I relied on Him and He got me through those dark minutes, hours, days, weeks! I can look back and say, that I could not have done it without Him. I couldn't have gotten myself past that situation but He did and He still is.
2 Corinthians 12:9,10 says:
"And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
His grace is sufficient, He knows what your going through, He knows what I went through and if He is the Maker of Heaven and Earth, He knows how to help you because He has helped me...

No comments: