Hey Everyone,
It's so hard to find a yummy carob cake recipe that doesn't taste like carob! I got this recipe from my Mom who got it from a friend of ours in Arkansas, THANK YOU DELBERTA!!!! I have no clue where she found this recipe but it is SOOO GOOOD! My Mom and I have made it and our friends think it is Chocolate!! Here is the recipe!!! You HAVE to try it!!!!!!
Carob Cake
1 c. sugar (doesn't matter which kind, but we use the cane juice crystals)
1 1/2 c. white flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. carob powder (doesn't matter which kind either)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 TBSP. lemon juice
1/3 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. water
Mix all of the ingredients together. Double recipe for a 9x13 pan. Bake at: 350 degrees for 30-35 min. or until center comes clean when tested with a knife.
It's so easy and believe me it's soooo good!!!!
1 comment:
This cake was absolutely delicious! Tasted moist & like chocolate. Used a simple carob frosting, I substituted almond milk for cow's & a Jewish square dancer, who couldn't eat milk or chocolate, loved it!
Wanted recipe, which I gave just now (months later, unfortunately).
I always try to double or even triple desserts & freeze 1 or 2. The frozen one tasted great too.
I think I used the following easy recipe for frosting:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Carob-Icing-or-Topping
Ingredients
1/4 cup carob powder
1/4 cup milk or soy milk (use less if making icing) [I think I used Almond Milk]
1/4 tsp vanilla essence/extract
1 tablespoon honey or rice syrup [I probably used honey, but you could sub. sugar, I'm sure].
Another possibility is :
2) SECRET (CAROB) FROSTING Printed from COOKS.COM
1/2 c. raw sugar 1 1/2 tbsp. whole grain flour 1 lg. tbsp. carob powder Dash of sea salt
Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over sugar, flour, carob and sea salt. Cook until this mixture thickens.
1 1/2 tbsp. butter [can use margarine for kosher] 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Add butter and vanilla to carob mixture. Spread on cake while hot. Will frost 1 loaf cake or 1 (9 inch) square cake.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/prt/0,176,156169-240205,00.html?
- Mrs.Claudia Reid
Post a Comment