We just kicked off our wedding season here with a beautiful wedding yesterday! At the place I work the store manager's daughter was getting married to the guy who works in our shipping department so that was the wedding I attended yesterday. Actually, I went Sat. night to the church and helped set things up. (bummer, I should have brought my camera!) Oh well, sigh.. Then Sunday, after the wedding I helped serve at the reception. I was dressed in black and white with a red silk scarf. I felt like I was a waitress dresses up to work in a steak house rather than attend a wedding but it looked more professional and formal to dress that way since I was serving. :) To top things off yesterday at the flower and garter toss I caught the bouquet (that was a first!!!!!) and my brother, Ben, caught the garter!!!! That was too funny!!!
Next month I have two weddings to attend. One of the is for Mary!!!!!! The other one for a daughter of a friend who works in the store. Then, my brother's friend John is getting married to his sweetheart, Linda, and that wedding will be Jan 1, I believe. So many weddings and not enough time to breath between them!! It's all great though! I wonder when Sarah & Brody and Shane and Rebeca will be next???!!!!!! lol
There were several toasts with our sparkling grape juice yesterday so I propose a toast to the wedding season just now upon us and for the couples joining their lives together that God will bless them and that they will be the better for joining their lives together. That God will use them in a special way and that they will grow closer to him together.
No comments:
Post a Comment