Monday, August 04, 2008

Shots, Shots, and more shots...

I went Friday to the clinic nearby and got 3 shots! I'm never happy when I have to go get poked but this time I was more than glad to. I hadn't been able to find a certain paper that had my shot history on it and since I've lived out of state before the clinic couldn't find my history either. So, the other night I was going though all of my old important college papers and I had prayed that I could find the right paper and Praise the Lord I found it! I was so relieved! In fact, I had, had the right paper all along but didn't realize it! I was so relieved!

So, after work on Friday, I found myself waiting at the clinic. Finally, after what seemed like endless ages and after I had looked all of the magazines next to me I was called in. I was given 2 shots in one arm and 1 shot in the other. I got hepatitis a & b shots and the tetanus(sp?) shot as well.

I had read the paper they gave me about all the dangerous side effects that could happen to me but I just prayed over my shots and Praise the Lord I didn't experience anything but some swelling. Unfortunately, the pain and swelling are not very comfortable though......

Friday afternoon after my shot Mary and I went clothes shopping for my trip. By the end of the day my arms hurt. When I finally crawled into bed that night I had a ice pack on one arm and I laid on my back. I always sleep on my side but that night things were just a little bit different. My arms were a little swollen but they hurt nonetheless.

Today is Monday and my left arm where both shots were given are more red, swollen, and hot than Friday. I'm going to go back to the clinic today and just make sure it's okay....... My advice for the day....3 shots is 3 too many!!!!!!!!

No comments: