Yes, today is the day of love and romance and as I am working here in the office thoughts of a post that I want to write keep running through my head. I want to write a post for this blog on how to offset the Valentine Day Blues. Being single on Valentines day is not the easiest thing on this day of love and romance but neither does it have to be the hardest either. It's all about what you make of it. I could go home at the end of the day today, since of course my pyschology class was cancelled for Valentines, and fling myself accross my bed and cry myself to sleep or what I've already decided to do, even though I know it's not the most romantic, is to go home and have a "date" with my homework! Have a plan of action so that your emotions don't get time to start feeling sorry for themselves! Here are a few ideas that I've had this morning about this:
- Pray for someone that is facing this Valentines Day alone as well. There are several people that have lost spouses this past year that I know personally and this is their first Valentines Day without their loved ones. Your prayers for that someone in a worse situation than yourself could make their day a little more bright.
- Have a plan, don't just go home after a long day at work and do nothing, do homework, call a friend, do something!!!
- Remember that you are loved! I have so many friends and family members that love me and have already shown me their love with either emails or presents just this morning! Just because it doesn't have that special guy's or girl's name on it that we wish it did doesn't mean that we aren't loved by someone.
- Revel in God's love. Sit back and take a minute to read a few of the promises that He has written just for you today. Jeremiah 29:11 says: " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God knows exactly what you are going through, He knows the plans He has for you, and He has not forgotten you. Unless you feel called to a life of singleness you probably won't be single for the rest of your life and unless you are too lazy or selfish to get married you probably will get married. Let God fullfill His dreams in you!
- Say a prayer to Jesus today and thank Him for being the love of your life and for being your Valentine! He deserves our unconditional love for being our salvation. His grace is sufficient and His love is so fulfilling!
- Reach outside of yourself. The tendency is to close up and feel sorry for ourselves but look outside of yourself today and give someone an encouraging smile or a cheery hello. Though your heart may hurt and being happy and cheerful may be the furthest thing from your mind at this point, trust that to the Lord, and in looking outside of yourself you'll find that it is rewarding.
- Keep your chin up and hey, Happy Valentines Day!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment